Medical Requirements


Cal Poly requires immunizations for Measles, Rubella, and Hepatitis B. These should be done before students arrive to the U.S. Proof of immunizations can be shown in the form of an immunization record from the doctor to the campus Health Center.

Health Insurance

United States immigration regulations and Cal Poly require that you maintain health insurance coverage while in the United States and during school breaks. You are also strongly advised to continue your coverage during any extended stays outside the U.S. to ensure coverage of new conditions upon your return. Proof of this insurance is required prior to your being able to officially register for classes each quarter. For complete details on health insurance requirements, please visit the International Advising Health information.